Apollo Dining, Bangsar

by - October 29, 2020

My friend and I have been discussing about Apollo Dining, a new instagrammable restaurant at Jalan Kemaju, Bangsar. Finally I get a chance to visit this place with them after our working hour. At here, they served innovative fusion dishes using local ingredients. If you looking for a place for fine dining with affordable price, this place could be one your choice. 
                                         
Caser Salad with Crispy Egg Tofu - RM22
We start our meal by ordering two starter Caser Salad with Crispy Egg Tofu and American Scallop & Taro. The Caser Salad with crispy egg tofu consists of romain lettuce, soy milk caeser dressing, tempeh croutons, fried egg tofu, papadum, ricepaper and parmesan cheese. I would say not much difference compared to the regular ceaser salad. The only difference will be the soy milk dressing, which makes the salad healthier as compared to regular ceaser salad. Overall, taste is good and I like the tempeh, which crispy on the outside, dense and chewy on the inside
 American Scallop & Taro- RM35
Pumpkin & Leek Soup - RM18
I am a big fan of taro and the name American Scallop & Taro caught my attention. Not to mention, the dish didn't disappoint me. I like the combination of  scallop, taro croquette, caviar and citric jumpier hollandaise. Perfect match and intersting combination! In addition to that, we ordered their pumpkin &leek soup. I would say it's so creamy, satisfying, and full of flavor!
Rare Red Tuna - RM39
Chicken Percik Roulade - RM36
Thai Laksa Crab - RM48
For main, we ordered Rare Red Tuna, Chicken Percik Roudale and Thai Laksa Crab. Among the 3 dishes, I will go for Chicken Percik Roulade. The tender and juicy chicken meat served together with kerabu risotto and Percik sauce, will give an explosion of flavors in the mouth and happiness in the tummy. On the contrary, Rare Red Tuna and Thai Laksa Crab didn't meet my expectation. The texture of tuna is not creamy and soft enough for my liking. As for the Thai Laksa Crab, I would say lack of cohesion between the pasta and the laksa sauce. 
 Cempedak Nian Gao Fritters - RM18
This dessert reminds me about my favorite Chinese New Year crispy treat, which is fried Nian Gao fritters with taro and sweet potato. I would say this dessert is delicious and it goes really well with the coconut sorbet and gula melaka sauce. 
Overall, the restaurant offers a really nice environment and cozy ambience for gathering. It can definitely be a place for your anniversary celebration, birthday celebration with your loved ones with a romantic environment. As for the  food, the price is more on the high side and the portion is small. Reservation are highly recommended, as it's packed most of the days. Click here for reservation link. 

     
Address: 28, Jalan Kemuja, Bangsar,
59000 wilayah persekutuan
Hours:
 Monday - Friday :11:30am–3:30pm, 6–11pm
Saturday- Sunday: 11:30am–3:30pm, 6pm–12am
Contact: 03-2201 7565
Reservation: Click here


You May Also Like

1 comments