Sugar and I - Bomboloni

by - November 07, 2021

[Not a collaboration post]
Today’s review will on the famous Bomboloni from Sugar and I. Sugar and I was founded in 2014 from a home-based business and move into a flue-fledged store on September 2018. The core belief of their operation is “Celebrate Happiness” because the team believed that true happiness is found in giving, after seeing how their treats are able to put a smile on their families’ and friend’s face.

In 2020, they launched Bomboloni, an Italian filled doughnuts and they introduced five different flavour : Nutella, Lotus Biscoff, Monster Cookies, Niko-Neko Matcha and White Mocha. 
The above picture is Nutella Bomboloni and you might wonder why it looks different. The one on the left was cut into half directly from the fridge whereas the one on the right was placed in room temperature for 2 hours before being consumed. The doughnut itself is so soft and fluffy and it matches well with the Nutella filling and you can see how generous they are with the filling. Frankly speaking, I like having Nutella bomboloni directly from the fridge, the filling’s thick texture of Nutella tastes so much like  Nutella ice cream with bread. Of course, the melted Nutella is nice as well.
Among all the flavour the have, my personal favourite will be the Monster Cookies because of the thick and crunchy-chip like texture that matches really well with the soft and fluffy doughnut. From the picture, you can see that the filling of monster cookies is not fully melted under room temperature but it doesn’t affect my liking towards it. 

For Lotus Biscoff bomboloni, it doesn’t really amazed me much. Its taste is more subtle to my liking as compared to the usual lotus biscoff flavor. Perhaps it  might be because I’ve had a really nice lotus biscoff dessert and puff from other seller. However, taste is very subjective, you may like it more than I do.

As for Niko-Neko Matcha bomboloni, if you’re a matcha lover you will definitely love it. You’re able to smell the pleasant fragrance of the matcha. Then with the right amount of sweetness, together with its rich creamy texture, its perfect for the soft and fluffy doughnut. 

Lastly, White Mocha bomboloni. Like like its name, it’s a blend of cappuccino and chocolate. I’m not a coffee person as I experience palpitation after taking coffee, hence, I didn’t give it a try. However, comment from my sister who tried, said that it taste quite good and smell nice as well. But her personal favourite will still be the Niko-Neko Matcha bomboloni. 

All in all, the texture of bomboloni is soft and fluffy and the filling has just the right amount of sweetness! As for my personal favourite will be Monster cookies followed by Nutella, Niko-Neko Matcha, Lotus Biscoff and White Mocha. My personal favourite might not be the same as yours, do leave me a comment by telling me which is your favourite bomboloni from Sugar and I after trying. 

Not to mention, they do come out with more bomboloni flavours from time to time. Check out their instagram sugarandi for more info.
Address: 110, Jalan SS14/1, Ss 14, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
Opening Hours: 11am-7m, closed on Monday 
Phone: 011-11422597

You May Also Like

0 comments